Irene Virag's Garden Party

I'm Irene Virag -- a writer, a gardener, a cancer survivor. I think ideas are like plants. They need nurturing to grow. And gardeners share both. So welcome to my blog. It’s all about what’s happening in my garden and beyond.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Think Pink

Ten years ago, I fought a wild seed that invaded my body. My garden was a source of solace throughout my struggle. As a breast cancer survivor, I thought I'd tell you about a chance to help fight the disease that is every woman's fear and, in a small way, help your garden at the same time.


During October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Smith & Hawken is offering a pink Haws watering can, with part of the proceeds going to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. The enamel watering can has removable brass roses and costs $50.

Brown leather gardening gloves with reinforced fingertips and a pink ribbon embroidered on the wristband costs $29. A pink tool apron with four pockets and an adjustable belt strap costs $20.







I figure that when it comes to fighting breast cancer, every little bit helps. And while I'm talking about breast cancer, if you or someone you know needs good advice, the place to contact is the Adelphi New York Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline and Support Program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home