Irene Virag's Garden Party

I'm Irene Virag -- a writer, a gardener, a cancer survivor. I think ideas are like plants. They need nurturing to grow. And gardeners share both. So welcome to my blog. It’s all about what’s happening in my garden and beyond.

Friday, September 15, 2006

An Advertisement for Myself

I know I'm tooting my own horn but I thought those of you who write me lovely letters telling me how you enjoy my column might like to know that I won two Silver Awards of Achievement from the Garden Writers Association. They made up for the tornado that hit the hotel we were staying in for the group's national convention in Pennsylvania a few weeks ago. You can find both winning columns on my Web site. One is about a garden born of a man's faith. The other is about the horticulturist who nurtures the annuals that color all of Long Island's state parks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your awards, Irene! I just re-read those stories and they are expertly crafted and beautifully written... like everything else you write.

9/17/2006 7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I really enjoyed those stories.
Jill

9/26/2006 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home