Irene Virag's Garden Party

I'm Irene Virag -- a writer, a gardener, a cancer survivor. I think ideas are like plants. They need nurturing to grow. And gardeners share both. So welcome to my blog. It’s all about what’s happening in my garden and beyond.

Friday, December 15, 2006

The Twelve Days of Christmas

As it turns out, I won't be able to sing "The 12 Days of Christmas" at the Long Island Horticultural Society meeting on Sunday. Instead, I'll be watching my step-daughter receive her master's degree. I think her straight A's are extra impressive because she's only 52 years old. Anyway, I hope you attend the get-together at Planting Fields Arboretum and have a great time. The meeting starts at 1 p.m. and includes two lectures. The sing-a-long starts around 3 p.m. I'll be there in spirit.

And to get you ready here are my lyrics -- as tweaked by the society:

On the Twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me

Twelve baskets hanging

Eleven edgers edging

Ten chimes a-chiming

Nine sprinklers sprinkling

Eight rakes a-raking

Seven mowers mowing

Six weeders weeding

Five compost heaps

Four yards of mulch

Three sharp shears

Two bags of bulbs

And a poinsettia in a pear tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home