Irene Virag's Garden Party

I'm Irene Virag -- a writer, a gardener, a cancer survivor. I think ideas are like plants. They need nurturing to grow. And gardeners share both. So welcome to my blog. It’s all about what’s happening in my garden and beyond.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Gardener's Resolutions

'Tis the season to make resolutions. I know, I know – what’s the point. You’ll only lose the list, they’ll be forgotten by tomorrow, who cares anyway. I care. Besides, I’m not talking about losing weight or getting organized. I’m talking about what really matters – keeping up with my garden. So here are this gardener's resolutions for 2007. I'd love to hear yours.

Do more with dahlias.
Plant a tree and shrub border, include Callicarpa and a Stewartia.
Turn my “mailbox” garden into a xeriscape.
Buy plant labels and use them.
Use sunblock religiously.
Replace the Daphne Carol Mackie I lost.
Plant more hellebores and colchicums.
Design new rose beds.
Paint the garden fence.
Start vegetable seeds on time.
Weed out old seed catalogs and garden books.
Keep up with my blog.
Repot my orchids.
Stop and smell the roses. The lilies too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home