Irene Virag's Garden Party

I'm Irene Virag -- a writer, a gardener, a cancer survivor. I think ideas are like plants. They need nurturing to grow. And gardeners share both. So welcome to my blog. It’s all about what’s happening in my garden and beyond.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Great American Gardener

It's nice to be recognized for what you do. And so it was a real kick to learn that the American Horticultural Society named me a "Great American Gardener" as the recipient of the B.Y. Morrison Communication Award.

It's usually hard for me to toot my own horn but quitely honestly I can play a fanfare on this one. You can visit my website -- just click on "Kudos" -- and read all about it.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Irene,

I hope lots of your fans read this. Today I received the offical notification that our friend Irene Virag has be selected to receive the American Horticultural Society Great American Gardeners Award. Irene is the recipient of the B.Y. Morris Communication Award for inspirational communications.
Congratulations Irene and thanks for all your wonderful garden and life writting.

Your friend,
Steve Nowotarski

4/08/2008 6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Irene,

I got the news from AHS that you are officially a Great American Gardener. I always knew it -- much deserved.

Beth

Beth Botts
Chicago Tribune
Home&Garden

4/08/2008 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irene,
Cream does rise to the top -- eventually.
Congratulations -- you certainly deserve the AHS communication award.
I always hope there will be a market for quality.

Ken

4/08/2008 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home